Thursday, September 28, 2017

What is a book?

Let's get back on track with the topic of books. A book is a sanctuary. A book is not a thing it is a destination. Every story has a bit of the author's voice in it. Let me hear your voices. Have you ever thought that maybe it's not somewhere that you're trying to escape to, but rather somewhere we want to go back to. Every book is full of history. When your head is full of the things that you want to say, this is when it is best to write. These types of writings aren't things that are meant to be critiqued or edited. These are the things that are real. These are the things that make a true story, and here's mine.



Maybe someday I'll see you
Maybe someday I'll leave you
Maybe someday I'll hate you
I was told that you were the secret to life
I have been told that you would lead me
I was told that you would leave me
I bang my head against a wall in hopes that I'll be able to see something
Something that will give me hope that I'm still here
Send me home
Sing me a song of something that will give me what I've lost
I want to cry I want to laugh I want to smile
I don't feel it
I don't hear it
I said scream
And all I hear is silence

No comments:

Post a Comment