Sunday, September 24, 2017

The things that have been overlooked

Some people in the past have told me to look up. To always make connections. I don't like listening, but by some of the odd rules of society I have been told to listen because they've lived longer. I wonder what it's for? Looking up. With this I have an image in my head:

In life you have faced many of hardships. We don't always show that we're bothered, but it still kind of sits there. Instead of showing how we feel, we like to absorb. We take it in. We keep all of the things inside of us. So I like to imagine it this way: I'm standing there looking towards the sky in hopes that none of the tears I've been holding spill out. Sometimes.... I forget. I let the tears fall. I look down, but don't misunderstand. I'm not sad anymore. I'm happy. It feels like a breath that I've been holding for years and years time. I don't want to do what people want anymore. I want to look down and see the things that have been overlooked. I want to throw a tantrum. I want to cry like a baby. Who said that this was wrong? That we shouldn't cry? Whoever it was, why? 

To all of the people struggling to cry. Do what you want. Cry and scream as loud as you can. These are the things that have been overlooked. These are the things that make life worth living. Then when you're done, wear that silly little grin of victory. This... is what true happiness feels like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment