Sunday, February 18, 2018

i don't know what I'm doing but I'm here and I might as well do what I can

Even a kid like me can think
Can believe
Can hope 

Told not to say strange things
Things adults don’t want to believe
Things they’re afraid to believe
Things they wish to believe

Another second 
Another minute
Another hour
Another year
Blow out all your candles 
And maybe you’ll grow old someday 

Understand the little girl 
The girls who believe that weight is all she has 
The girls who believe that cutting is a term for fighters
The girls who believe that silence is beauty 
The girls who believe that one can never achieve these things you give so easily to those on your “level”

Understand that little boy 
The boys who believe that violence is an answer
The boys who believe that silence is the correct answer
The boys who believe that crying is unbefitting of one whose dream is to become like those who’s words bleed and cease to spread in this pit we refuse to believe is our world
The boys who believe in hiding from the things that truly give their world color

Look around and see the people, the world as it is 
Help this pitiful creature
Save this beautiful sight 
But the dreams of our childlike minds are being twisted into the ideas of the ones we hate the most

One day you’ll understand 
One day you’ll believe me
One day you’ll regret it 
One day you’ll see it my way 

Yes, and one day you will cease to exist as you come back home into the very earth you spit on 
The home you mock and destroy every single day 

One day I won’t be here to see you in your prime 
One day I won’t be here to hear your words in the midst of all this silence

One day I won’t be here to blow out all your candles 

No comments:

Post a Comment